- Sunday worship begins at 10:30 am. Anyone can join it. If you are visiting the church for the first time, please let the receptionist know at the reception on the 2nd floor.
- We would appreciate it if you could fill out a “new visitor card” at the reception (filling is free).
- If you don’t have a Bible, a hymn, or a reading Psalm, you can borrow one at the reception.
- Please pick up a “Program(Shuho)” at the reception. Worship services are carried out according to the program.
- Donation is an act of participating in worship and giving thanks for God’s grace. At the reception, you will be given a “worship donation bag”. Donations are free, and if you don’t have any, please give the donation bag as it is to the person in charge of worship donations.
- Holy Communion is held on the first Sunday of each month as well as in some special services such as Christmas and Easter. This is a sacrament to share the bread and grape juice, which are a sign of the grace of Christ’s cross and resurrection. If you have not yet been baptized, please do not take it and participate through the words spoken while seated.
General Flow of Worship
- Sing hymns.
- Psalms Reading
Psalms is a collection of poems that praise God contained in the Old Testament. The officiant and everyone present take turns reading.
- Scripture Readings
The scriptures of the day are read aloud.
- A prayer
The preacher prays. Attendees put their hands together, close their eyes, and join in prayer. At the end of the prayer, say “Amen” in unison. It is a word in Hebrew that means “truly” and “so be it.”
- A sermon
The pastor conveys God’s will shown in the Bible.
As a sign of gratitude for being able to participate in the service, we offer it with a prayer. The amount is free and not compulsory. If you are not ready, please return the bag as it is.
- A benediction
The pastor prays a benediction for the attendees.
Visitor Guide (Q&A)
Q: Do I need to make a reservation? Can I attend worship services even if I am not a believer?
No reservation required. Anyone can join.
Q: Can I go with small children?
There is a soundproof room with playground equipment on the 3rd floor of the chapel. Even those with infants can participate in worship with peace of mind.
Q: Do you support barrier-free?
The entrance and prayer room are on the 2nd floor. If you are in a wheelchair or have physical disabilities, please use the elevator on the left after entering from the entrance next to the parking spacelot on the 1st floor.
Q: Do you have clothes and necessary belongings?
You can wear your usual outing clothes. If you don’t have a hymnbook, reading psalms, or a Bible, we will lend you one at the reception, so please come empty-handed.